With the growing trend of healthier food consumption, it’s not a surprise that we have now been blessed with vegetable and fruit concoctions to fill our nutrient deficits. Every day we are faced with a new type of fad diet, claiming to help us lose inches off of our body. But we all know that’s a lie.
However, one thing remains sustainably true: natural produces are, for a fact, a good fix for the body for any reason. Whether its fat loss you aim or a crystal clear skin, fruits, veggies, and water, are your best bet. Since consuming 8 glasses of water can be a tiresome task in the winter, here is a recipe for a detox juice. This juice is an excellent way to cleanse the body and also pack it up with the vital nutrients the body needs.
Added bonus: you won’t have to make frequent trips to the toilet since you only need one glass a day.
- 1 medium beetroot.
- 3-5 medium carrots. (not the ones used in Chinese food)
- 3-4 celery sticks (use the whole stick and not only the leaves) or 10-12 lettuce leaves.
- 10-12 spinach leaves.
- Mint to taste.
- 1 cucumber.
- 1 lemon’s juice to each serving.
- 1 medium-sized apple.
- Peel, slice, cut all the ingredients.
- Use a juicer machine to extract the juice.
- Do not us a bender since this is a juice, not a smoothie.
- If the taste of the juice is too earthy, thanks to the beets, add a dollop of honey for added sweetness.
- Regardless of the fact that this juice contains so many green and leafy vegetables, it is still sweet.
- If fat loss is your aim, I’d suggest skipping the apple in order to cut down on the unnecessary calories it adds to the juice.
- You can add apples to the juice once or twice a week.
- Drink the juice at night, before sleeping.
- Make sure it is the last thing you consume before going to bed.
- Rich in iron, vitamins and minerals.
- Results in healthy, plump, and glowing skin.
- Helps cleanse the body of toxins.
- Purifies blood.
- Boosts immunity and metabolism.
- Flush water from the body, helping to avoid water retention.
- Filled with nutrients like vitamins A, vitamin C, carotenoids, potassium.
- Has antifungal and antibacterial substances which can help curb and fight acne.
- High in vitamins and minerals.
- Celery has high water content.
- Celery has anti-ageing substances.
- Celery consists of nutrients like vitamins A and C.
- Spinach consists of nutrients like iron, folate, chlorophyll, Vitamin E, magnesium, Vitamin A, fibre.
This nutrient-dense fighter detox juice is going to help your body flush out unhealthy toxins. Which means a healthier body and plumper skin for you!
Disclaimer: like other natural things, this juice is going to take time to show results. Replace it with tea or a cup of soda at night in order to get into the habit of drinking it.
Have a detox drink recipe? Share it with us in the comments below.